In the year 2012, Dominion-Chalmers United Church celebrated the 50th Anniversary of the amalgamation of the Dominion and the Chalmers' Congregations. Dominion United Church lost its fine church building in a disastrous fire in February 1961. Subsequently, Dominion Church accepted the invitation of Chalmers United to join with it, and on June 10, 1962, the Official Inauguration Services were held to form Dominion-Chalmers United Church.
The year 2012 also marks the 100th Anniversary of the laying of the cornerstone of the Chalmers Church building at Cooper and O'Connor Streets. In moving from its location at Bank and Slater Streets, Bank Street Presbyterian Church was re-named Chalmers Presbyterian Church when it commenced its services here in 1914.
Dominion Methodist and Chalmers Presbyterian both entered the United Church of Canada on June 10, 1925. The date June 10, 2012, thus marks the 50th Anniversary of the Official Inauguration of Dominion-Chalmers, the 100th Anniversary of the laying of the cornerstone of this building, and the 87th Anniversary of the entry of Dominion Methodist and Chalmers Presbyterian into the United Church of Canada.
In looking forward to a promising future, members and adherents of Dominion-Chalmers take pride in the history of their church, and honour those of past generations who "worshiped, planned, and worked together in a spirit of caring, sharing, and daring for the Kingdom of God.".